NW Observer
  • At A Glance

    Dating back to the 1700s, Summerfield was originally known as Bruce’s Crossroads; it was named for Charles Bruce, a Revolutionary War patriot who settled in the area in 1769. It was renamed in 1812 for Rev. John Summerfield, an evangelist who relocated there.

    Shortly after incorporating in 1996, Summerfield approved voluntary annexation requests from neighboring property owners who also wanted to be included in the town limits. The Town now encompasses 26.56 miles and is Guilford County’s third largest municipality.

    Incorporation date: 1996

    Size: 26.56 square miles

    Property tax rate: 2.75¢ per $100 of property value (town); 73¢ per $100 (county), 13.1¢ per $100 (fire department and service protection district)


Town Events and Updates

PS Communications, publisher of the Northwest Observer

1616 NC 68 N / PO Box 268, Oak Ridge, NC 27310

Office: (336) 644-7035 | Fax: (336) 644-7006 |


Software © 1998-2022 1up!, All Rights Reserved